Director of software
Canvas is looking for a senior software leader who is inspired by the challenge of bringing automation to the built environment. We have created a new breed of digital machine designed for the construction site. As the software lead you will help to form our software strategy going forward and play a key role in defining how the digital nature of our tools transforms the way work gets done. At the core of the position, you will be expected to lead, manage, and grow a world class software team that straddles both robotics and data science. You will work closely with the leadership team to set goals and timelines and ensure the delivery of a high quality product.
We’re a series A funded small team with a great first platform in our early stages of development. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
See our Careers page for a little more info about working at Canvas.
- Leading a team of engineers to build the software stack for mobile automation on construction sites.
- Managing workers and empowering them to set and meet critical milestones.
- Growing a team, recruiting talent, fostering collaboration, and offering technical guidance and expertise to reports.
- Building the infrastructure for handling, storing, and analyzing large streams of data from field operations.
- Guiding the software team to produce a deployment ready system. Setting the standards for software development, unit testing, and delivery.
- Experience managing teams and developing project timelines
- Previously delivered large software packages in a commercial setting
- C++ and Python in a Linux environment
- Well rounded software fundamentals with a command of best practices