Senior Construction Manager
We are looking for an adaptive candidate to pioneer the construction and field operations side of the business. We have built a new tool that protects workers and increases productivity. This position will be responsible for shaping how this new type of machine interfaces with the construction world. This includes everything from hiring and managing a field operations team, to providing high level input into the product and company direction. Key responsibilities are: building the subcontracting infrastructure, structuring crews to work with the machines, oversight of estimating and bidding, developing workflows that integrate seamlessly on site, gaining buy-in from stakeholders (architects, engineers, project managers, superintendents, foremen, workers), and working with the business team to navigate strategic procurement and to help structure contracts with large commercial general contractors.
- Direct experience with interiors
- Experience organizing multiple crews/assets and comfortable balancing utilization under changing project timelines.
- Proficient in reading plans, performing quantity takeoffs, and preparing cost estimates and bids
- Excels at sourcing and managing personnel. Knows how to find and motivate a strong construction team.
- Experience with daily field operations for commercial construction projects including coordination of subs, oversight of project staff, safety, and quality control.
- Familiarity with construction contracts, insurance requirements, and safety/regulatory compliance.
- Experience with Unions and other trade associations. Similarly has worked on Union contracts or Union jobs.
Familiarity with all aspects of commercial construction from trade-level tasks to management of larger and complex projects.
Experience managing project schedules with deep understanding of sequencing of activities and the critical path across multiple trades.
Knowledge of general contractors’ internal procurement processes and ability to position and shape strategic programmatic service contracts that span multiple projects.
Familiarity with profit lines of general and specialty subcontractors and understanding of the value proposition that new technologies present.
Contractor’s license or has experience to obtain one
Bay Area experience/contacts is a plus