senior Robotics Engineer
Canvas is looking for an experienced robotics software engineer who is inspired by the challenge of bringing automation to the built environment. This person will play a key role in defining how robots behave on a construction site by guiding algorithm development and implementation for our robotic construction platform. You will be responsible for the creation and deployment of behaviors from concept through implementation and testing. This includes researching state of the art approaches, early prototyping, integration into the software stack, and debugging on the hardware. As a senior member of the robotics team you will have visibility across the engineering units and effectively coordinate debugging efforts on the full system.
We’re a series A funded small team with a great first platform in our early stages of development. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
See our Careers page for a little more info about working at Canvas.
- Guiding the development of the core behaviors for automating the building process and carrying them from concept to deployment.
- Develop planning algorithms for creating manipulator toolpaths and mobile base navigation.
- Work closely with the perception team, supporting SLAM, feature identification, and toolpath generation.
- In charge of implementing behaviors and testing them on the hardware. Point person in identifying issues with the platform and coordinating with the engineering team during the debugging and revision process.
- Product or field deployment experience in a commercial or military setting
- Experience working on manipulation or mobile robotics
- Experience with planning and perception algorithms
- Strong linear algebra skills
- C++ and Python in a Linux environment
- Software fundamentals (iteration, data structure, object oriented programming, bits and bytes)